Health Department to host Chronic Disease Self Management program
Filed October 4, 2012
Want to decrease your pain, decrease your doctors’ visits, & enjoy life more?
Marshall County Health Department is offering classes in the Chronic Disease Self-Management Program.
This class is a workshop given 2 hours, once a week, for 5 weeks. People with different chronic health problems all attend together. Trained leaders conduct the workshops. Classes begin October 17, 1:00pm – 3:00pm at the Marshall County Benton library.
Subjects covered include:
1) Techniques for frustration, fatigue, pain & isolation
2) Appropriate exercise to maintain & improve strength
3) Appropriate use of medications & proper nutrition
4) Communicating effectively with family, friends & health professionals
5) How to evaluate new treatments
Who Should Come?
Anyone with an ongoing condition such as asthma, arthritis, chronic joint pain,
fibromyalgia, cancer, diabetes, kidney disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, heart disease, COPD or emphysema, depression, chronic pain or others.
For more information call: Terri DeLancey, Marshall County Health Department (270) 5271496.